Friday, December 1, 2017

A General Update of Sorts

Oh, hello there. Forgive me for my brief hiatus. In all fairness, I did warn you. Aside from
NaNoWriMo, Thanksgiving, and getting ready to move in a week (I feel like I've packed so much, but it looks like I've barely touched anything!!!), I also had to deal with some horrible computer related awfulness. To sum it up without going on the tangent that I have repeated enough times, my new computer of less than a year old is now back in the hands of the manufacturer to see if they can fix the darn thing. I just got an email from them apologizing for the delay and that I won't have the computer for another week. Well, things could be worse. As you can see, I still have the ability to type, and their extra time with my computer should ensure that they will have it good as new, right? RIGHT?! Okay, that's enough of that. You get the idea.

I will admit that with everything hitting me at once at the end of the month (plus a minor cold), I didn't quite reach the NaNoWriMo goal of 50,000 words, but I'm still so proud of myself! I've proved to myself that I'm still capable of writing more than a couple of pages worth! I made it to 36,098 words, and I'm wrapping up the final chapter. I now have a first draft which will give me a good foundation to expand upon and improve. I'm glad for quotes out there that I've seen that basically can be summed up like so, "All first drafts suck." As I was writing this, I had a couple of thoughts, one being that it wasn't exactly what I had imagined it being. That just means I get to go back, chisel away, and make it what I want. Writing the first draft is just the first step I'm afraid.

Even with all the busyness, I have been reading snippets of Rump when I get the chance, and I definitely approve! I'm about halfway through it. The author has two other books, one about Little Red Riding Hood and the other about Jack and the Beanstalk, and I'm already looking forward to getting to read those.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can't believe we've made it to December! The year is almost over! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment