Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Snickerdoodles


I am a self-proclaimed snickerdoodle snob. That is of utmost importance to this story. My husband knows of my snobbery. When he asked me to bake cookies on Friday, I assumed he’d want chocolate chip cookies as that has been our go to. He surprised me by requesting snickerdoodles. Here’s the thing, I may be a snickerdoodle snob, but I had never actually made them until that day.

I started out with a sense of dread. Being the snickerdoodle snob that I am, how could I possible pull off my very own snickerdoodle and be proud of it? I told Corey of my concerns and he proclaimed, “How can you not like your own cookies? That’s like not liking your own child!”

With those sentiments, I set to work. I knew of a recipe that I’d eaten and enjoyed, so I used that to guide me on my baking journey. And let me tell you, that’s got to be my favorite snickerdoodle recipe! I’ve now learned after making these cookies and my previous attempts at chocolate chip cookies in my oven versus my mother-in-laws oven that my oven likes to make my cookies flat. Apparently I’m still getting used to my oven, and after some research, it’s possible that it’s actually a little too hot for my poor cookies. Nevertheless, with some experimentation, I did get some that weren’t so flat, and even the flat ones had the taste and texture I look for in a snickerdoodle cookie.

The reason why I’m a snickerdoodle snob is that too often I get a hard, crunchy cookie. I don’t want a snap or a biscuit when I eat a snickerdoodle—I want a soft cookie with the perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar. So I think I did pretty good for my first try, and even though my oven flattened my cookies, I think the recipe I used is a pretty darn good snickerdoodle recipe!

The recipe itself comes from Six Sisters’ Stuff, and was inspired by the snickerdoodles at Disneyland. So hope on over there, and do yourself a favor by making the best snickerdoodles ever.



Is anyone else a self-proclaimed cookie snob of some sort? Do you have a go to snickerdoodle recipe that you would say is the best ever?

Also, I’m totally a wedding cake snob. Just throwing that out there. This weekend was my anniversary (the very first!), so we pulled out a bit of our wedding cake we’ve been saving in the freezer for that precise moment, and it was still so good! Wedding cake should be delicious as well as beautiful.

And with that, I’ll bid you adieu until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I am a total chocolate chip cookie snob! I only like mine. AND the fresh baked ones sold st my hubby’s work

    I have a delicious snickerdoodle recipe. Turns out just how you described every time for me so far. I’ll havd to dig it out and share it with you.

    ReplyDelete